3 WAYS TO FIND YOUR PURPOSE AND PASSION IN LIFE
1) the reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists.
1) have as one’s intention or objective.
Let’s talk about purpose. Let’s look at ourselves. Let’s question things and dig a little deeper.
In my personal belief, we’ve all been given purpose. We all have something to accomplish on this earth, whether you’re a person of faith or not. Most people understand that a purpose-driven life is one that is much more fulfilling than floating around aimlessly in a shallow world. Most of the time (like, MOST MOST) we will eventually have to SACRIFICE in order to take a leap of faith in moving towards our PURPOSE. Maaan, I know; nobody likes that word. Sacrifice seems so, UNFULFILLING, right? Like we have to GIVE UP, GIVE AWAY, TAKE LESS – but then we get to think about what we’re truly gaining in the long-term. Am I sacrificing stability and security in my twenties so that I can chase a dream and be prosperous in my forties?
All of this is based on personal opinion, motivation & determination. Nobody says you’re a failure for sticking to what you know – but are you LIVING IN PURPOSE? Do you feel as if something is missing? Do you want to make a difference, but aren’t sure how, or are scared to be outside of your comfort zone?
What I know for sure is that I don’t want to spend my life walking around like a zombie, completing day to day activities but never feeling fulfilled by any of it. I know I don’t want to spend my life yearning for a deeper connection to those around me and to the rest of the world. So, I’ve compiled a couple ideas on how we can find our PURPOSE AND PASSION:
1. GET OUT THERE & DO IT.
- Do things. I mean really do things. Find things you’ve never tried before & do them. How will you ever know if you’re passionate about saving endangered wildlife (as an example) if you never volunteer, or put yourself in a position to help? Sure, we’re probably not going to start out being able to make a ton of money at first – but what we WILL have made an important discovery about ourselves and our places in the world.
2. TELL YOUR HEAD TO ASK YOUR HEART!
- What I mean by this is that the best way for us to access our true purpose and passion -- What do you enjoy? Start involving yourself with groups and communities doing what you love. When there’s a true sense of joy and excitement behind what you’re doing, it will be so much easier to stay naturally motivated.
3. YOU DON’T HAVE TO STAY WITH ONE.
- The meaning of this is that sometimes it’s not just ONE thing we’re good at, passionate about, or find purpose in – let’s be honest, most truly magnificent people are skilled and well-versed in multiple areas – HELLO; we can be too! You can do it all & don’t let someone steal your purpose from your passions. You can be a writer, singer, stylist, mentor, teacher, designer, travel expert, baker, full-time parent, etc – ALL SIMULTANEOUSLY. Focusing more on one than the other also does not exclude you from claiming that title. Let go of thinking you can’t do more than one thing! Nosedive into something new; stop resisting the unknown.
The feeling of something missing will go away when you’re leading a purpose-driven life. Do things passionately. In summary: the real purpose of anyone’s life is to be FULLY INVOLVED in LIVING.
-Author: Alyssa Kai Woods (@alyssakaiii) for REBELLIOUSOCIETY